Forth Valley Sensory Centre
Yoga is coming to the Centre with Yogaflow! There will be a one off class nn 29th October on “How Your Breathing Can Relax You” with a £5 discount for Centre Users.
The session takes place 10am to 12pm and will give you the tools to understand how your breathing connects with
calming your mind and improving on your well-being.
Tutor Sandie explains:
“We will talk about the different types of breathing and their benefits, how to practice them and how to continue doing the breathing exercises regularly and daily.”
Understanding the practice of Pranayama, what is it?
Pranayama is a breathing exercise developed by the ancient yogis for purification. Prana translates into “life force energy” and Yama translates into “control or mastery of.” Thus, Pranayama is used to control, cultivate, and modify the Prana in the body. Prana is taken in through the air we breathe, and since the pranayama exercises increase the amount of air we take in, they also increase our intake of Prana.
This Yoga lesson will cover:
- Sama Vritti (Equal Breath, count of 4) The practice
- CHITTA (thoughts, consciousness/memory)
- VRITTI (a ripple in thoughts/waves)
- NIRODHAH (is the removal of the fluctuations of the mind) it is a term that refers to the thoughts that clutter the mind. Mind chatter and is sometimes called “monkey mind.”
- Nadi Sodhana (alternate nostril breathing) The practice
- Sympathetic and Parasympathetic Nervous System
- Ujjaya Breath: The practice
- Kumbhaka: Breath retention The Yoga practice
- Shavasana (3 Part Breath (Digra Pranayama): The practice
To book a place, please contact Sandie: email@example.com or 07792 644336.