Forth Valley Sensory Centre
Forth Valley Sensory Centre has a vacancy for a Treasurer/Trustee to join our organisation.
Forth Valley Sensory Centre (FVSC) provides a wide range of high quality services for children, adults and elderly people living with either a hearing or sight impairment.
The FVSC is looking to appoint a new Trustee to take on the role of Treasurer and to enable even more people with sensory loss to enjoy the best possible quality of life. The new Trustee will join the organisation at an exciting and challenging time with the opportunity to transform services and extend our reach.
The Board are currently in the process of assessing competitive tenders for a three-year contract for audit and accountancy services (a FVSC Treasurer Information Pack including the ‘Invitation to Tender’ will be supplied to all interested applicants). Aligned with this process the Board are seeking to appoint a volunteer Trustee, with financial experience, skills and connections to help drive forward our new strategy.
The essential criteria for the voluntary post of Treasurer are:
• A proven track record of financial management/leadership within the private, public or third sector
• A sound working knowledge of financial systems, procedures and best practice
• The ability to develop strong and effective relationships with our appointed auditors/accountants, our bank and other finance professionals as required
• Good communication and networking skills
• An interest and empathy with the needs of people living with a sensory impairment
• The ability to become and ambassador and to raise the profile of the centre as well as contributing at a strategic level
The desirable criteria for the post includes:
• Experience of fundraising campaigns, bid applications, procurement, strategic planning and contract management
• Private/public/third party partnership working
• IT and administration skills
The Board are currently reviewing the duties associated with the post of Treasurer and are keen to involve the successful applicant before finalizing the process. It is anticipated that the post will hold the following duties:
• Oversight of the organisation’s finances, assets and contractual commitments
• Formal quarterly and end of year liaison with the auditors/accountants
• Formal liaison with the organisations bankers and other finance professionals as required
• Attendance at the Boards quarterly meetings, annual open meeting/AGM and occasional attendance at special Board meetings
• Presentation of the quarterly accounts and end of year reporting to the full Board
• Liaising with the Chair, Board members and the Centre Manager as required
For more information and a copy of the FVSC Treasurer Information Pack please contact:
Delia Henry, Chair FVSC Board or Jacquie Winning, Centre Manager
Forth Valley Sensory Centre| Redbrae Road| Camelon| FK1 4DD
email@example.com T.01324 590888